Just across from the leaning Albert Clock stands the city’s oldest church. Originally the site of two earlier churches, St. George’s was opened in 1816 and is steeped in history. Oliver Cromwell’s troops used its roof lead for musket balls and King William lll attended a service in June 1690 en route to the Boyne. The chair in which he allegedly sat is still in use.