This attractive village, owned by the National Trust is best known for its unusual Cornish-style cottages, (the work of Clough William Ellis between 1912 and 1925). The ruins of Castle Carra stands in a field above Rockport House at the north end of Cushendun Bay. This was a 15th century MacDonnell stronghold. There are delightful walks along Glendun River to Glendun viaduct, a most impressive structure built in 1839.

Information supplied by Moyle District Council © 2012 | www.moyle-council.org